FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SALISBURY, MD – Wicomico County’s Circuit Courthouse at 101 North Division Street in Salisbury, MD, built in 1878, is now going through a major renovation while preserving its historical references. This morning, the new clocks were installed in the clock tower on top of the 19th century building.

The renovation began when last July (2016) the tower was struck by lightning, leaving the building severely compromised. In addition to the new clocks, the cupola also had to be replaced because of the rotten wood, making it impossible to add the lightning rod to prevent such an event from happening in the future.

The new cupola will be installed later on this month, and it is a rebuilt version of the original in order to keep the historic integrity of the structure.

Video of the Clock going up.

Video & Images by Jacquie Granger

Share: